- Your Post 11 Family Website Support Team: Mary Krutz, John Dyer, Cathy Landry, Ricky Young, Terry Quatsoe, Bill Kaczmarek, Tom Kenevan, Tom Herber, Gil Hucek & Mike Wortman
- Update enrollment/signup page(s) – Post & Auxiliary
- Add “Donate” option to site
- Add “Dues Payment” option to site
- Look into our “Photo” Gallery page(s) to make it easier to add photos (photos must be approved for “appropriateness by a review group – TBD)
- Fix site page “sizing” across ALL “media types” (phone, tablet, laptop, etc.)
- Presence on “Social Media” – (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Pinterest, Reddit, YouTube, and WhatsApp, others)
- Include “Other” Military Links that Members might enjoy (USO, Veterans Advantage, etc.)
- Email & Text Notification(s) (Opt In/Out Options)
- Validate any “links” & Pages on websites are current and needed/desired
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- 6th - Soup N Salad 11am to 1:30pm
- 9th - Executive Board Meeting 6pm
- Auxiliary meeting 6:30pm
- SAL Post 11 6:30pm
- Business meeting 7pm
- 17th - 40 et 8 Promenade at 7:30pm
- 23rd - Social Meeting 6pm
- 24th - Placing Flags at Allouez Cemetery 8AM for Our Veterans (Please Stop Out and Help)
- 25th - Rain Date for Placing Flags
- 26th - Brat Barn Set Up 8am Festival Foods by Menards East
- 29th - Memorial Day at Adm Flatley Park 3:30PM
- 30th - Pick Up Flags Allouez Cemetery 8AM
June - 2023
- 10th - Flag Retirement 8am - Flag retirement ceremony Sat June 10 at 8 am is canceled due to fire danger due to dry conditions.
- 13th - Executive Board Meeting 6pm
- Auxiliary Meeting 6:30pm
- SAL Post 11 6:30pm
- Business Meeting 7pm
- 16th - Brat Barn Set Up 8 am Festival Foods by Menards East
- 17th - Breakfast at The Post 8am to 11am
- 20th - Birthday Dinner 6pm
- 21st - 40 et 8 Promenade at 7:30pm
- 23rd - Newsletter Articles Due
- 27th - Social Meeting 6pm
- 29th - Prep Newsletter to Mail 9am
- 30th - Brat Barn Set Up 8 am Festival Foods by Menards East
- Donald Davids and Ed Schuch
- Commander John Akey 920-489-0806
- Adjutant: Tom Herber 920-264-7189 (POST)
- Adjutant: Gil Hucek 920-465-6841 (POST) - Support
- Email: email@example.com
- www.sullivanwallenpost11.org - https://www.facebook.com/AmericanLegionPost0011SullivanWallen
- May 17 at 7:30pm at Post 11 Green Bay
- June 21 at 7:30pm at Post 11 Green Bay
- On May 29 at 9:30 am, the color guard will be at Allouez Cemetery for graveside honors and at Admiral Flatley Park at 3:30pm for a Memorial Day service.
The unit will be at Joanne’s Park to present the Colors for the Blue Ribbons baseball game on June 14th at 7:00 pm and June 24th at 3:30 pm
FROM THE COMMANDER …
This is my last message to the membership. The last 2 years have been interesting with trying to run the club and my health issues. I thank all who prayed for me.
The next two months will be the start of our fundraising with brat barns. The first one is on May 26th and we will need help with it.
We will be doing a spring clean up in the building for which we will need people to help. The exact date will be determined at the May business meeting.
Nothing this Newsletter.
Poppy Program: First, I want to thank all who came out for stuffing the envelopes for the poppy mailing and to all who have sent us their donations. We have secured the following stores for May 12 and 13 from 8 am to 5 pm: Festival-DePere, Festival-University Av, Menlo (Pick &Save) on Lombardi Av, and Woodman’s. There are plenty of openings available at the listed stores. Traditionally we have done poppies on one weekend, but we may schedule another weekend in summer or fall at Festival-East. The Poppy Drive is one of the biggest fundraisers for both the Legion and Auxiliary. All proceeds go to our local veteran program, Camp American Legion, and VA homes that serve Wisconsin veterans. Those who have signed up may pick up their poppies at the meeting before distribution on Friday and Saturday.
Reminders: The Auxiliary has monthly meetings on the second Tuesday of the month at the Post. I’d like to encourage all members to attend.
The Auxiliary needs volunteers to help with luncheon and with placing flags at Allouez Cemetery. Our unit will be participating in the wreath ceremony on Memorial Day at 3:30 pm at Admiral Flatley Park. At the ceremony, we need two volunteers to carry flags. All members are welcome to attend.
A proposal was made by a member to change some language of the Post Constitution and By Laws. The changes are related to the number of people on the executive board, method of notifying members of future votes, and some minor changes in wording. This will be considered notification to all members that the vote on these proposed changes will take place at the June 13 business meeting which starts at 7pm. Copies of the changes will be available at the May 9th business meeting and the June 13th business meeting.
June 13, at the business meeting, will also be the election date for Post 11 officers. Nominations will be accepted at the business meetings in May and June.
Post 11's Auxiliary was chartered in June of 1921.
In the spirit of Service, Not Self, the mission of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion and to honor the sacrifice of those who serve by enhancing the lives of our veterans, military, and their families, both at home and abroad. For God and Country, we advocate for veterans, educate our citizens, mentor youth, and promote patriotism, good citizenship, peace and security.
Go to Auxiliary Page for More Information
-Since our charter in 1919, our American Legion Post has been welcoming VETERANS from all branches of our Armed Forces. Today, we continue to welcome all military personnel serving our country. Joining our Post enables you to continue serving your God, Country and Community. Our mission is to implement the goals, aspirations, dreams, peace and blessings for our country, friends and families embodied in our preamble below.
To the wonderful patriotic citizens of the Green Bay community. Join our Post as a Booster or Sponsor. (click Sponsor or Booster Button for details). 100% of the monies raised are given back to the community. Help us to continue sponsoring Scholarships for our children; give aid and assistance to our local needy Veterans, and their families. Help us to continue to support financially worthy community programs and projects.